Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Sweet Life




I was never really into sweet foods. I always preferred chips over cookies and burgers over cake... then I moved to NY. Only in NY are bakeries as big of a tourist destination as the Statue of Liberty. Tourists and residence alike hop from one bakery to the next seeking the perfect sweet, luscious, and to-die-for desserts. Tarts, cakes, and pies....oh my!

If you live in NY, you have a favorite cupcake destination, with Magnolia's being the most famous, but it's not necessarily the most delicious (at least in my eyes...or mouth). I personally enjoy Batch in West Village as well as Sugar Sweet Sunshine in the L.E.S., where some of my friends would prefer Crumbs, or Baby Cakes. Now don't think these are your Betty Crocker - made from the box - cupcakes. These are carrot cake cupcakes with salted caramel frosting, and vegan cupcakes that taste like a dream, and cupcakes with chocolate in the middle and rolled in crumbled Reese's Pieces. You are salivating aren't you?

So nowadays, I look forward to a sweet treat after din...whether it's alone or with friends.

No comments: