Thursday, September 4, 2008

My First Broadway Show


                            

I have lived in NY for over a year and had not been to a Broadway (or off Broadway) show, that is until this past Tuesday, when my friends and I went to see Avenue Q at the Golden Theater on W. 45th. I was sooo excited to see this show because I had heard so many great things about it (and because it was my first one). My main attraction to Avenue Q were the characters...most of which are puppets. This was Sesame Street on crack!  Even a few of the characters mimicked some well known Sesame Streeters - Trekkie Monster = Cookie Monster and Rod & Nicky = Bert and Ernie, but of course this was an adult show (full of politcally incorrect jokes about sex, race, careers, and more). There was even a puppet sex show (the second best puppet sex show since Team America)! The best part was that my friend and I ran into the cast leaving the theater and we were able to get some pics with them! I loved it so much that I would definitely see it again...although I should probably venture out into the Broadway world considering I only have one under my belt.  

No comments: