Monday, September 15, 2008

John's Pizzeria



When asking a New Yorker who makes the best pizza, you will generally get a handful of the same answers....Grimaldi's, Lombardi's, John's Pizzeria, and a few more. With that said, I will admit you could get a pretty good slice almost anywhere, but they are far from the best. My friends and I recently went to John's Pizzeria in the Theater District before attending Avenue Q. As soon as I walked in I recognized the stained glass windows, high ceilings, and grandiose space, although I had never taken a step in their before. Where did I see this place? In my dreams? No, the next best thing, Food Network. John's Pizzeria was featured on a segment on one of the Food Network's "Best Of" shows, and man were they right. We ordered a pie with olives, basil, and lots of fresh mozarella. A slightly odd combo, but there were three of us, and we each chose an ingredient we wanted. We were not the slightest upset about what we received. It was a hot, thin, crispy, chewy, cheesey, fresh, delicious pizza. Their ingredients were fresh and I believe they make all of their own sausage, pepperoni, mozarella, and more. Anywho, to top things off, the pizzeria is located in an old church and even if the food was bad, the space was beautiful to look at.

No comments: