Thursday, September 4, 2008

Spitzers!


The L.E.S. is full of vintage boutiques, eateries covering all parts of the globe, wine bars, and booze bars. I lived in this area my first year in NY and enjoyed every moment (although I lived on the futon in the middle of the apartment). My friends and I have spent many evenings in the neighborhood, hopping from restaurant to bakery to bar. A relatively new addition (moved onto the corner of Ludlow and Rivington last winter) to the neighborhood is Spitzer's Corner. They have a HUGE selection of beers (they only serve beer and wine as far as alcohol is concerned). I'm talking about a front and back list that is about 3 feet long full of beer choices, some of which they brew themselves. They serve anything from your normal 4% alcohol beer to a brew with 14% (I guess I won't feel bad being a "one beer queer"...pardon my politcally incorrect use of words).

My main point of this blog is to, of course, discuss their food menu. This place has amazing "bar" food...if you consider grilled bass and sesame-crusted asparagus bar food. My friends and I went to Spitzer's last week and ordered the following:

* Herbed Popcorn (olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and sea salt)
* Watermelon Salad with Feta and Olives
* Sesame-Crusted Asparagus with Citrus-Soy dipping sauce
* Paparadelle Crudo (fresh paparadelle, veggies, pine nuts, parmesan, and herbs)
* Spitzer's Sliders (bacon, tomato, and cheddar cheese)
* The day's special, which was grilled Chilean Sea Bass with a delectable orange sauce

All of this food + Good beer + A reunion with old friends = A lovely Friday!

No comments: