Monday, September 8, 2008

GG Addiction


"What's this? Chuck's date and Blair's date are mother and son? And Nate and Blair are exes? And Nate and the mother are in a book club? Now there's a novel plot twist. " -- Gossip Girl

Now if that isn't an enticing line in a show, I don't know what is. I love a good quote from Gossip Girl, and that is by far my favorite. Of course you would have zero clue what I meant if you have not seen the show, and if you have not seen it yet....YOU ARE MISSING OUT! Ok, so maybe it's a modern-day 90210, or a more modern day OC, none-the-less it is addicting.

The uber privileged, typical high school drama no longer takes place on the West Coast and finally takes place in NYC. The infamous Upper East Side high schoolers rock Diane Von Furstenberg headbands and Balenciaga heals to class where there is no shortage of sex, lies, and scandals. Maybe I am a bit bias living in the same city where the show takes place, recognizing the streets of Manhattan, laying out on the same beach in East Hampton, and shopping in the same stores (mostly window shopping where they shop). Blair, Dan, Serena, Nate, and most notably (to me) is Chuck....all combine to make an intriguing cast I can't help but follow each week. There aren't many shows I watch religiously, but this is definitely one I will turn on every Monday at 8PM EST.

No comments: