Sunday, September 7, 2008

My 2 Favorite Men (In New York)



After graduating college at Indiana University, I was unsure of my next step in life. I applied for jobs all over the U.S., mostly in Chicago, New York, and the greater Midwest area. My thought was that if I did not find something in New York, that I would like to be close enough to my home in Indiana to come home at times. Well, I was wrong, and I decided to take a leap of faith and move to NY. Of course this was made possible by my friend Courtney who had a spot open on her futon with her friend Kathryn, but it also helped that my boyfriend of year at this time was already working in NY. Long story short, I have been here for a little while now and have missed my friends and family so very much. However, I am fortunate to have a great group of friends from IU and to have my wonderful boyfriend, Rob, around. 

Unfortunately, due to my boyfriend's occupation, he can be put on projects all over the U.S. for any length of time. He is currently on a project in Pittsburgh, PA for the next year, and I am only able to see him on weekends. Not only do I miss him, but I also miss his doggie, Sammy (Sammy Dumplings is what I like to call him). These are my absolute 2 favorite men (other than my father, brother, grandfather, and 2 doggies at home...duh!) I spend just about each and every weekend with Rob and Sammie and I wouldn't want it any other way. 

No comments: