Monday, September 29, 2008

Grey Monday

Today was the Dow's biggest single-day drop in history.

What do I think? I think that this day could be called "Grey Monday", which coincides with the Great Depression's "Black Tuesday". I believe there was a trillion dollars lost today. A trillion?! A made up number with lots of zeros!! Who ever sees a trillion dollars? I just pray that I do not wake up and witness Black Tuesday Jr.

A day like today makes me think of the less fortunate even more than usual. With prices rising on every day goods, such as milk and gas, how will low income workers raise their families? Part of me wants to withdraw my money and hide it under my mattress, and the other half wants to spend my day off tomorrow putting money into the economy... AKA shopping.

Of course the day this stock market atrocity occurs, a West Village electronics store premiered "The World's Largest Flat-Panel TV", which is 103" and costs $75,000. 

This day will go down in history, and I unfortunately have witnessed it. 

No comments: