Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Beautiful Day for a City Saunter












So a cold front came through the Tri-State area making this day a sunny 77 degree day; perfect weather in my eyes. After work, I decided to take a West Village adventure, exploring various streets and peeking at menus and store windows. I then walked down to Tribeca, finding it a bit boring, I crossed up and over to Soho where I came across a mariachi band playing in front of a hat shop. I overheard some people wishing a lady in a sombrero a Happy Birthday as she dished out margaritas to the crowd. Free margs?! Of course I grabbed one. 

Through all of the pinatas and streamers hung up around the outside of the store, I noticed various people in the crowd wearing amazing hats. Makes sense, we were in front of a hat store. I had to whip out my camera and attempt to not look like a creep (see above photos). I could not help but smile at the scenario. It's this kind of randomness that makes me fall even more in love with this city. 

No comments: