Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Songs I Love: New Slang

"This song is like when a good mood makes a bed inside of your ear." - YouTube user kmkfiction2 commenting on New Slang by The Shins.

Now this is not a new song to me, it's actually one of my favorite songs of all-time (all 24 years of my life so far, that is). I first heard it when watching Garden State (I love love love this movie). When Natalie Portman's character said, "you've gotta hear this one song, it'll change your life I swear", I was thinking JUST that...all within a few seconds of hearing the song. Actually, if I had a soundtrack to my life, I think it would sound a lot like Garden State. Listening to it makes me want to sit back, relax, and take a deep breath.

A few more songs I adore from Garden State:
Caring is Creepy - The Shins
Coldplay - Don't Panic
Frou Frou - Let Go
Simon and Garfunkel - Only Living Boy in New York
One of These Things - Nick Drake
Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights

No comments: