Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Let's Go To The Movies!"

One thing that I do not do enough of, but wish I could do more often is watch movies; whether it be at a movie theater or at home. In NY, I only pop in a movie if I'm home on a weekend (which is rare) or if I have a day off from work (which is also rare). However, when I was at home, movies and eating were just about 80% of my week. This is the list of movies I was able to watch (some old, some new).

1.) Marley and Me (I cried and cried and cried, but it was good.)

2.) The Golden Child (This is an old school Eddie Murphy movie that I loved when I was younger.)

3.) Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (The BF and I attempted to have an Indiana Jones marathon, but I fell asleep after the first one.)

4.) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (I didn't hear the best review of this latest Indiana Jones movie, but I must say that I really liked it (and I have a crush on Shia))

5.) Troop Beverly Hills (One of my fav movies even til this day...Beverly Hills what a thrill!)

6.) The Lake House (Another movie with Sandra and Keanu, and although I don't care for them when they do their own movies, I always like what they do together.)

7.) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Don't laugh people, this is an awesome movie! The creator of James Bond wrote this book also, and Dick Van Dyke is an amazing actor/singer/dancer.)

8.) Spy Kids 2 and the Island of Lost Dreams (It's directed by Robert Rodriguez, so you know it has a great plot and some good action.)

9.) Journey to the Center of the Earth (Interesting story, good graphics, an overall fun movie to watch).

As you can see from my movie selections, I am a sucker for nostalgia (especially when I go home). Not only do I like to watch old movies, I like to reminisce with old friends, whip out the old photo albums, and pretend like I never grew up (thanks for babying me all week mom!).

(Image via Starz)

No comments: