Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yummy Quiche


I made a quiche for dinner the other night, and I will admit that it was pretty good for my first time. This is how I did it....

- Ready-made whole wheat pie crust (found in freezer section at Whole Foods)
--> Set oven to 450 degrees and bake crust by itself for about 10-15 minutes (this is to avoid from crust getting soggy when you pour in egg mixture)
- One little carton of Nulaid Real Egg Product Reddi Egg (equivalent to 8 eggs, but I probably used 2/3) - I bought egg beaters since I had to carry all my groceries back home and didn't want to crack whole eggs....so that is my little way of cheating
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (blended into egg beaters)
- 3 cloves of garlic (I looovvvee garlic)
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- Handful of chopped broccoli
- A few chopped mushrooms
- Some shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar because it has a lot of flavor and a little goes a long way)
- Saute veggies and garlic in olive oil
- Pour veggies into egg mixture then add fav seasoning (I added rosemary and thyme)
- Mix in shredded cheese
- Pour entire mixture into pre-baked crust
- Bake in 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes
- Take out of oven and let rest for about 10-15 minutes

I ate my quiche with a side salad made of mixed herbs and greens, dried cranberries, pecans, grape tomatoes, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. It was easy and soo delicious!

No comments: