Wednesday, March 18, 2009

West Village Greatness

(Above Photo: This Mexican restaurant, called Diablos, opens all these doors to allow their patrons to drink and dine el fresco-style without technically being outside. I hear the margaritas are amazing and the scene is young and fun.)
(Above Photo: A little peek at my every day walk across 7th Ave to the subway.)
(Above Photo: A WTC tribute where decorated tiles were sent from children from all over the U.S. expressing their condolences.)
(Above Photo: Just one of the charming townhomes in the West Village.)
(Above Photo: I live right around the corner from tons of luxury boutiques, such as Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers.)
(Above Photo: A map of the very confusing streets in my area.)
(Above Photo: The corner Italian bistro, Itre Merli.)
(Above Photo: It's nice to have a police station so close.)
(Above Photo: A beautiful little gallery amidst all the lovely townhomes.)
(Above Photo: The most BEAUTIFUL flower shop I have ever seen, and it's my neighbor.)
(Above Photo: The Asian-fusion restaurant down the street called Chow.)
(Above Photo: This is not your typical chocolate shop. Pure Essence focuses on all natural and organic chocolate and cocoa nibs. I like to stop by this place for the free samples.)
(Above Photo: A lovely restaurant called Extra Virgin. Good food and good people watching.)
(Above Photo: Just a couple of vintage bikes.)

My friend Megan did a little tribute to her lovely neighborhood, Park Slope, Brooklyn which inspired me to show you my 'hood.....West Village.

Actually, I'm going to start off by showing you my block, then later post more of the area. There are so many wonderful things about this area that I cannot possibly show you in one post.

No comments: