Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love Those Lentils

I purchased some red lentils because I read that they are very good for you - high in fiber, protein, and many other vitamins and minerals. I decided to prepare my beans in a Red Lentil Coconut Curry and here is my recipe:

- 1 can of coconut milk (regular - because it has better flavor)
- 1 cup of red lentils (boiled in water)
-- Boil lentils until they begin to get soft, then drain the water, and add the coconut milk
- While coconut milk and lentils are simmering, add curry powder, cumin, and curry seasoning (contains turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, etc)
- Add chopped garlic and red onion (save a little red onion to sprinkle at the end)
- Let simmer until all the flavors get to know each other
- In separate pot, boil 1 cup of brown rice
- When done cooking, pour lentils over brown rice
-- Garnish with fresh cilantro and cucumbers for a cool and yummy crunch to the smooth and creamy lentils
-- I also like to add a little dash of Sriracha hot sauce

So easy, good for you, and delicious!

No comments: