Monday, March 2, 2009

Yard Sale Chic: A New Pair of Old Shoes


Thrifting is probably my favorite hobby. Retail stores bore me and boutiques are often over-priced; however, I do love a good sample sale. Going to a vintage or thrift store gives me the feeling of finding a treasure or one-of-a-kind piece. Of course many of these things are unique, but there is something cool about finding something old that someone no longer wants to wear, and wearing it in a whole new way. Many of the items I find are items you see at UrbanOutfitters or any trendy store, such as an oversized flannel shirt, a fisherman's sweater, Wrangler jeans turned into awesome shorts, and my fav thing....shoes. I know it sounds weird to wear someone else's shoes, but most that are resold have hardly been worn and are in very good condition. I like them because you don't feel bad for buying a wacky color or odd style because you bought them at a good price. Thrifting makes me happy.

(Above: Shoes purchased at Salvation Army in Ft. Wayne for a whoppin' $.99)

No comments: