Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yard Sale Chic: Alice + Olivia for Payless


I'm a proponent for looking chic on a budget. Duh! I live in NYC. I have to put on a proper outfit even when I run to the bodega for a pack of gum. No more sweatpants to the grocery store or rubber flip flops to go shopping. When I first moved here, my friends and I were going to brunch on a Sunday in SoHo and I wore (dare I say) a Juicy velour outfit. NEVER AGAIN! I felt like I was running around in my underwear!

Anywho....my point to this is that you don't have to pay a lot of money to look great! Not only do I shop thrift and vintage stores, but I don't mind a good designer knock-off (and I don't mean purses). However, I have purchased a perfect marriage of branding and designer chic....Alice + Olivia for Payless. I bought this pair of HOT platform-slingback-booties for $38! Not to mention they are comfortable!!! Put a point up for Tasha!

P.S. They run a bit big, so I suggest going a half size down.

No comments: