Sunday, November 30, 2008

Essex...My Fav






My bf Rob and I love Essex Restaurant in the L.E.S. I first went here for dinner on my first visit to NYC a few years back, and I have been back numerous times since. They have an eclectic menu that could appeal to all tastes, as well as being decently priced. As for the atmosphere, it is lively with their in-house DJ spinning new dance tracks at dinner and a decor that is chic yet inviting.

When I first moved here, Rob and I used to be regulars at the All-U-Can-Eat Mussels nights on Tuesdays. Oh boy are those little guys delicious! Served with frites and bread to dip in the delightful broth...what else could you ask for?

Anywho, we celebrated Kat's man's birthday at Essex a few weeks back, and my girls got to try what I have loved for so long. Overall, I think everyone enjoyed what they ordered and we all had a good time.

Pictured Above (from the top):
- Manchego mac n cheese with edamame, haricot verts, and citrus salad
- Blackened catfish over shrimp, potato, and scallion hash
- Tilapia ceviche with homemade tortilla chips
- Steamed mussels with chorizo in a tomato-cilantro broth
- Baby lamb chops with crispy chorizo dumplings over Asian slaw
- Trio of potato pancakes: Goat cheese and arugula, apple sauce and sauteed onions, and salmon gravlax, salmon caviar, and sour cream (not pictured above)

No comments: