Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Is All Around Us





As soon as Halloween was over, Christmas decor popped up overnight! NY is sooooo beautiful this time of year, and I cannot describe the Christmas spirit I see all around us. People seem to be a little nicer in the city....meaning saying sorry when running you over in the subway, giving some extra change to the homeless on the streets, and being more pleasant (well at least I've experienced this).

I'm a bit of a nerd, but I HAD to go over to Macy's to witness the New Year's ball. Yes...this is the ball that is dropped at Times Square; the same ball we ALL count down to on the television. It is made of Waterford Crystal and is big, bright, and beautiful (although not as big as I thought it would be). Also at Macy's were beautiful window displays. The theme this year seemed to be "Miracle on 34th St." where scenes from the movie are displayed with animatronics and loveliness.

I love Christmas time!

No comments: