Monday, June 29, 2009

Cholo?

My friend at work said I looked a bit like a "cholo" one day when I was wearing a tank top and khakis. I was like, "What in the heezy is a cholo?" Well, this is what urbandictionary.com told me...


cholo

A cholo is term implying a Hispanic male that typically dresses in chinos (khahki pants), a wifebeater sleeveless teeshirt or a flannel shirt with only the top buttoned, a hairnet, or with a bandana around the forehead, usually halfway down over the eyes. Cholos often have black ink tattoos, commonly involving Catholic imagery, or calligraphy messages or family names.

Cholos often drive low riders.
A farcical example of a cholo from the movies is Cheech, from Cheech and Chong.
by Abula Feb 20, 2004 share this
2. cholo

1) Mexican Gangster

2) Mexican Gangster Style
1) "My homeboy got shot up but some cholos from Norte." OR "I'm cruisin' the eastside with a couple cholos."

2) "Hey ese, check out that vato over there looking all cholo."

OHHHHH I see now!

(Image via theinsider.com)

No comments: