Sunday, January 18, 2009

"The City"




I will not deny my fond feelings for MTV's The City (The Hills spin-off with Whitney Port). I hated The Hills, but I loved LC's fellow intern, Whitney, and now she has her own show right here in NY.
Maybe it's because it's in NY is why I enjoy it so much, but nonetheless it is recorded on the DVR every week.

I like to envy Whitney/Erin/Olivia's wardrobes, laugh that Whitney (and friends) live in the sickest apartments that would cost at least $3000 a month to rent, wish that I could work at Diane Von Furstenberg , and swoon over Jay's accent. I also love that they display the name and location of each club/bar/restaurant/store they go to in the city......some of which I have been to myself.

Other than the NYC connection, my old roomie Kat is friends with the model/went on a dates with Whitney in the first episodes named Alex (of whom threw a party for a friend, and of which I attended).

One more plus is that my bf likes to watch the show too!

(Photo: Taken at Tenjune in September 07 - Alex is the taller guy in the gray shirt)

No comments: