Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Restaurant Week 2009













I've missed at least 5 restaurant weeks since I've moved to NY, but I always have intentions on going. I finally went tonight and boy was it wonderful. My friend Molly and I had a list of places we wanted to go to, but of course they booked up quickly. We ended up going with a latter choice, Town, and ended up loving it. If you don't know what Restaurant Week is, it is the participation of various restaurants throughout Manhattan who offer a 3-course pre-fixe meal for a mere $35. These are some of the best restaurants in Manhattan where one course could cost $30 let alone 3 courses. Molly and I had a lovely night and plan to make this a tradition.

Our Meal:
Amuse Bouche (a small bite before the meal....a chef's "greeting" to the oncoming courses)
- Smoked salmon atop a microgreens salad with a honey-mustard vinaigrette and a dollop of creme fraiche
Appetizer:
- Butternut squash ravioloini / ricotta / puntarella / brown butter (both Molly and I got this and it was amazing!!!)
Entree:
- Spiced duck/ buckwheat pilaf/ gingered endive (me)
- Grilled monkfish/ sauerkraut/ paprika sauce (Molly)
Dessert:
- Gianduja pannacotta / cremeux / candied hazelnuts (me)
- Yogurt mousse / lime sorbet / blood oranges (Molly)

No comments: