Monday, May 16, 2011

Paleo Challenge: Day 3

I'm on my third day of non-processed high protein and low carbs. So far so good! I thought I would be really tired, but not the case at all. Of course I miss my carbs, but not as much as I thought. I regularly keep track of my calorie intake, so to see how often I've been eating now, but with way less calories, I realized how many unnecessary carbs I was eating. So instead of eating a lot of fillers (bread, rice, pasta, etc) I've been eating loads of veggies, fruits, nut, meats, and fish.

For breakfast, I've been eating eggs and fruit. For lunch, I made a stirfry that lasted me 2 days and today I had a salad. For dinner, I made a coconut milk-tomato-beef stew with eggplant and mushrooms. That will be a keeper in my monthly menu.

I walked 2 miles after work today, did some pilates, and can't wait to see this diet (and hopefully lifestyle) begin to work.

No comments: