Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Indian Summer or Early Fall?


The weather has been surprisingly warm these past few weeks....give or take some days in the 60s. I stocked up on some jackets over the summer (you find the best jacket deals when no one wants to wear a coat!), and have yet to wear one. I believe today is the last day in the 70s, with the next few days in 50s-60s. Anywho....I love the warm weather and am enjoying all that I can.
Nonetheless, it is technically Autumn and Fall is in the air. 

Living in Manhattan, I forgot about the leaves turning color until I was in Jersey last weekend. Makes sense since I haven't seen a patch of grass in ages, let alone a tree. Ok, I lie, there are tree-lined streets, but you don't look at those the same way you look at a tree in your front yard in Indiana. They blend into the brownstones and street, thus you hardly notice them unless you look up. 

Well I got a big reminder of Fall this morning when I walked out my door and looked at the spread outside a flower shop beside my apartment (see photo above).

No comments: