Monday, February 1, 2010

R.I.P. Hercules




My brother and I got Hercules for our Birthdays (my 15th and his 11th). He was our first dog, and yesterday, he passed away in his sleep. Now he wasn't the cutest dog (to most people, but cutest to me), or the most cuddly (he didn't snuggle on the couch, but would lay next to you on the floor), he was getting age spots (I called them beauty marks), and he smelled sometimes (Shar Pei's get ear infections easily), but he was family and I loved him. He was getting old, and I knew his time would come soon. When I last saw him it was Christmas, and when I left for NY, I hugged him and I knew it would be the last time I would see him. I've never lost a dog before. I miss him and it will be very weird when I go home again....

2 comments:

VintagePursona said...

Hi Tasha:

Sorry to hear about Hercules. Kimi is sending you kisses. Love you. Lien

Morgan Matters said...

so sorry tashie. your blog post about him is so sweet. love you.