Sunday, January 31, 2010

Alice Inspired

I'm a huge Tim Burton fan, so you can imagine how excited I was to hear he was directing the 2010 version of Alice in Wonderland. The movie is coming out in March, and boy am I excited to see it. If people are expecting to see a rendition of the Disney version, then I suggest they check out the trailer or perhaps see any of Tim Burton's past films - Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Big Fish, James and the Giant Peach, etc. If you didn't like the 2005 re-make of Charlie and the Chocolate factory, then I may assume you won't care for this version of Alice in Wonderland...not that I am saying they are comparable movies, but that Tim Burton gives a very dark perception of things that some people do not like. I happen to love the dark, mysterious, quirkiness that is Tim Burton, so even if the story sucks, I will love this movie.

(Above image is Nicholas Kirkwood's Alice inspired heels)

No comments: