Monday, July 27, 2009

Time to Sit

These past few months have been absolutely crazy. I have never been so busy with work until recently, which in turn consumes any free time I have. I used to LIKE my job, but with a promotion and new responsibilities, I LOVE my job. Not a ton of people can say they love their job, but I really do. I think I have found my niche in the career world, and it is going very well.

Just to bring you into the light of my life these days, I was told last Wednesday that I needed to go to Boston Friday to set up a store for a walk through with Wal-Mart executives, and that I would need to return Monday for the actual walk through. So a co-worker and I drove up to Boston Friday, set up the store with our Fall merchandise, and we finished early enough for me to catch an earlier train back home. I thought I would miss a friend's bday celebration, but I got back to NY, changed clothes in the cab, and celebrated. After laying low Saturday in Jersey, I had to come back to NY and catch a bus back to Boston. We do what we had to do Monday, then drove back to the city, only for me to come into the office to check the 300 emails I had over the course of 2 days + a weekend. To make matters worse, the AC in the building shuts off at 6PM and my email box was full and would not let me send any emails.

So that was just a little run down of the last 4 days of my life. Just think of that plus another 2 months of craziness, and you can see why I can't even think straight. However, I love being busy and would much rather lose my mind with work, then sit around and twiddle my thumbs.

(Mantra via thechemicalsbetweenus)

No comments: