Friday, May 29, 2009

Trailer Park Lounge

My friends and I decided to go to Trailer Park Lounge for a little WT (white trash) drinking and eating. Basically, this place serves PBR from the can, strong margs (although very small in size), hot dogs, burgers, tater-tots, all of which is served with plastic utensils and Styrofoam plates (very non-environmental, but it adds to the atmosphere and theme of the restaurant).

Speaking of the atmosphere, not only does the food make you feel like you are at an outdoor BBQ, the decor is filled with Elvis', a large juke box, half an Airstream trailer, astroturf, plastic pink flamingos, old 50's commercials playing on a black & white TV, waiters in mullets, etc. It kind of made me want to tie my blouse into a belly shirt and have my cleav hang out all while shot-gunning a PBR and smoking a cig.

So yeah, this place was overpriced ($8 for grilled cheese and tots and $8 for margs), but it was a fun place to hang with some friends. And believe it or not, I didn't find it over-the-top and annoying. Actually, it reminded me a lot like bars I've been to in Indiana!

(Image via podolux)

No comments: