Monday, February 16, 2009

A Delicious Valentine's Day





This Valentine's Day was the best I have ever had! My bf and I just celebrated our third VDay together, but this past weekend was amazing. We stayed the weekend at the infamous Waldorf Astoria hotel in Manhattan. It was our getaway without getting away, and I really enjoyed every moment. The hotel is huge, designed in an art-deco style, and was filled with families, couples, and visitors from all over the world.

We had VDay dinner at Quality Meats, which was AWESOME! Don't let the name fool you folks, this restaurant had a lot more than meat and has a very chic decor. It has definitely become one of my fav restaurants in the city. Rob said "This was the best meal I have ever had".

The Evenings Menu

AMUSE BOUCHE:
- Sliced cherry tomato with sweet blue cheese, basil, and sea salt

APPS:

- Challah bread with rosemary and sea salt
- Seafood bouquet - chilled oysters, shrimp, and lobster tail with ginger sesame, creamy cilantro, and cocktail sauces (we ordered the large and it was huggggeee)

ENTREE:
- 4lb lobster for 2
- Corn creme brulee (Amazzzinnnggg)
- Creamed spinach

DESSERT:
- Homemade double fudge cookie with homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Jasmine tea
DRINKS:
- A really strong vodka/soda (she gave me the glass 3/4 filled and said, "Oops, that's all vodka")
- Bottle of reisling

Twas an amazing meal, and I will always remember this Valentine's Day.

No comments: