Friday, September 3, 2010

You've been ICED!



What is "ICING" or "Getting Iced"?

"Icing" -- or "getting iced" -- is a drinking game that's rapidly gaining popularity amongst office workers, tech and media types, and college students. The rules are simple: If a person sees a Smirnoff Ice, he or she must get down on one knee and chug it, unless they happen to be carrying their own Smirnoff, in which case they can "ice block," or refract the punishment back onto the attacker. In order to dupe people into stumbling across the beverage, participants have devised creative ways of presenting them with Ices, like strapping the bottles to the backs of dogs or burying them in vats of protein powder. --- CNNMoney.com

I witnessed my first Icing when I was home in July for a wedding. My friend Alex crawled on top of the bar, got down on one knee and chugged a Smirnoff. I haven't drank Smirnoff since high school, so to see all my guy friends slamming these sweet drinks made me sick. Nonetheless, I was also Iced, but we all know that I cannot chug for the life of me. So, I FAILED. Better luck next time!

Hope Brenden, Cavell, and Renshaw enjoy the Ice Shout Outs!

No comments: