Sunday, April 11, 2010

KFC's Double Down Sandwich

KFC came up with a new chicken sandwich, except this sandwich doesn't contain a bun. They are calling this the "Double Down" and it's 2 pieces of bacon, 2 slices of cheese, and the Colonel's special sauce sandwiched between 2 filets of chicken (fried or grilled - for the "healthy conscience"). To step up the grossness factor, the Double Down has it's own countdown to the public, so all of those hongree folks can go wait in line like it's the newest XBox (it will arrive in t-minus 2 days, 17 minutes, 52 seconds, 51, 50, 49....). My assistant whose diet mainly consists of chicken, cheese, and bread brought this "sandwich' to my attention, and he expressed his desire to go try it. I'll let you guys know if he begins to seizure or foam at the mouth (nutrition facts listed below - I will admit I thought it would be worse!).

Sandwich Calories Fat (g) Sodium (mg)
KFC Original Recipe® Double Down 540 32 1380
KFC Grilled Double Down 460 23 1430

1 comment:

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

The new KFC Double Down sandwich looks and sounds delicious! I think I'll go grab one or two for lunch today!