Sunday, December 6, 2009

MTV's Jersey Shore....Another one of my guilty pleasures

I'm sure my friends aren't shocked when I say that MTV's new reality show, Jersey Shore, is awesome. I blame it on the East Coasters who went to IU, where I observed their ways of life like a zoologist studying the behaviors of lions. I even took a liking to the Gotti boys.

Until moving to NY, I thought all New Yorkers were like the Looong Island/Joisey guidos and guidettes I saw at school. To my surprise, I never saw one of these stereotypicals guids in Manhattan. I guess these people all hide at the Jersey Shore, because I went there 2 summers ago and was in a land of fist pumps, hair bumps, Affliction tees, and hair gel. I was so tramatized I told my bf to take me to the train stop and I would rather take a 2 hour train back to Manhattan than get my eyes poked out by some guy's blow-out. Nonetheless, the Jersey Shore show brings me back to my days of observing the weird phenomena of the guids without actually being in their presence. Me likey.

(Image via nydailynews)

No comments: