Monday, November 30, 2009

Yard Sale Chic: Boulder Shoulders

I am a sucker for fashion fads (ex: harem pants, high-waisted pants, headbands, tie-dye leggings, jumpers, faux fur). You name it, I have probably tried it on, bought it, or at least thought very hard about whether to purchase it or not. My latest fad frenzy are the structured shoulders on tops, dresses, blazers, and sweaters. I gravitate towards fashions that others find hard to wear or they think it is plain old ugly. Not to mention, trends recycle themselves every 20 years or so (or any period piece works nowadays) so I often find these items in thrift stores for supa-dupa cheap... $1.50 for some printed harem pants, $1.00 for granny oxfords, $3.00 for flowered romper) Do I think I look good in all these trends? Of course not! But I do believe in having confidence when you wear ballzy items. YOU wear the clothes, the clothes does not wear you.

(Image via Refinery29)

No comments: