Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chili on a Cold Day


I love chili and decided to make my own one Sunday. The pic doesn't do it justice, but it was sooo delicious. I didn't follow any recipe, just winged it (like I normally do)

My recipe:
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes with jalapeno
- Can of black beans
- Can of red kidney beans
- Sliced portabella mushrooms
- Half a red onion (yes, that is red onion flipped over in the pic, not a foreign object)
- Pack of Yves Meatless Ground (instead of ground beef)
- Frozen corn
- Cumin
- Chili powder
- Curry seasoning
- Put tomatoes, beans, and seasoning into pot to simmer for 20 minutes
- Saute meatless ground, mushrooms, and onions together and put into pot
- Let simmer for a little while longer (maybe 20-30 minutes)
- Put in frozen corn at the end
- Serve with fresh onion on top and a little cheddar cheese

It was pretty darn tasty if you ask me!

No comments: