Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Wish I Spoke French


I've concluded that I am automatically drawn into all things French or French inspired. I believe it stems from my background. Vietnam was occupied by the French for about 60 years in which they influenced the Vietnamese culture, food, music, and language. My dad has definitely raised me with these same influences. Growing up, I ate pate on a baguette for breakfast, dipped french loaves in condensed milk as a snack, and listened to French music. Oddly enough, I can't speak a lick of the language. However, hearing the words and eating the food brings a sense of comfort to me. It makes me think of home and my family.

What brought out this thought? A group I am listening to these days called Stereolab (mostly in French) who has a 60s Pop vibe to them.

No comments: