Thursday, January 27, 2011

Culture Club Volunteers





Some of my co-workers and I started a little group called "Culture Club" where we participate as a group to enjoy NYC more and become more "cultured". There are tons of things to do in this city, but sometimes you need some friends to do them with. Not only do we go to shows, find new restaurants, go to baseball or basketball games, but we also read books and push one another to be healthier. Our new venture is to volunteer. We signed up to become volunteers at New York Cares. We have orientation in February and then we will be able to sign up for various events around the city. This is something I wouldn't have done without a push from others, but I know it will be rewarding.

I must also mention that our club drink is the "Pickle-back" (a shot of whiskey with a shot of pickle juice for a chaser)

No comments: